For some of us, nothing is more refreshing than the sound of birds chirping in the morning. It’s like when you walk outside, you’re entering your own wilderness wonderland. If you want to attract birds into your backyard, there are a few easy ways to do so. If you follow these tips, your backyard will look like a birdwatcher’s guide in no time! Let’s take a look at the best ways to encourage birds to swing by through the power of landscaping.
Bringing in the Birds
Birds already have some huge benefits for your backyard, including cutting down on the number of bugs, keeping pests and predators away, and adding some beautiful sounds to your yard. The first step in getting birds to come into your yard is to get a number of bird feeders. You’ll want to set up different kinds of feeding stations all around your yard for maximum coverage, that way you’ll draw in as many birds as you can with a good deal of variety. This is just one element of your landscaping!
Common Types of Birds Feeders
There are a few kinds of bird feeders you’ll see in a lot of different yards. Here are a few you can try:
- Platform feeders are great for attracting ground-feeding birds, including quails, doves, towhees, juncos, cardinals, and American Sparrows.
- Hanging feeders are ideal when attracting perching birds, including larks, blackbirds, tits, finches, shrikes, wrens, thrushes, warblers, and swallows.
- Suet feeders are for insect-eating birds, these can include blackbirds, sparrows, crows, wrens, and bluebirds.
Foods that Attract Specific Birds
Certain birds will only go after certain foods, so if you’re looking to attract a certain kind of bird, you may want to try putting these foods out. It’ll spruce up your landscaping efforts!
- Sunflower seeds – Songbirds
- Suet – Woodpeckers
- Nuts – Blue Jays, magpies, and titmice
- Nectar or sugar water – hummingbirds!
Landscape Design from Rhine Landscaping
We’ve got an extensive background in landscaping, so that you can feel assured your lawn will be taken care of correctly, no matter what. Our landscaping experts will help to make your landscaping dreams a reality, and your property the talk of the town.
Landscapes are complicated to design and implement. If you’re ready to call for help, then you can contact Rhine Landscaping by giving us a call at 410-442-2445. We’ve got the knowledge your landscape needs to get it ready for summer.