Proper landscaping can totally transform the look and feel of your backyard. But the term landscaping encompasses so much. How do you know where to start?
This article from EzineArticles.com provides several landscape tips and tricks to get you started.
- Arrange an on-site consultation with a qualified landscaper: They will be able to give you further suggestions, estimates, and an overall plan for your landscaping project. But if you would rather go the do-it-yourself method…
- How will you use your backyard? Are you planning an entertainment area with furniture, a spa, a grill, and dining area; a herb or vegetable garden; or a play area for your children, complete with sand box and jungle gym. Where will you put everything? What are the dimensions of the furniture, jungle gym, etc.? How will your new landscape affect the view from inside your home? How does the sunlight fall on your backyard? These are all important considerations to make before starting any project.
- Try to incorporate recurring themes: Use similar colors and elements across your landscape and inside and outside your home. Everything should flow and nothing should look out of place.
- Distractions: If there is an unsightly area of your yard, build an aesthetically pleasing nearby feature to divert attention.
- Lighting: Use lights to set different themes and moods. It can also completely transform the look and feel of your landscape from day to night. Use light to accent features of your garden or landscape and to guide guests around your property. Draw attention only to the features of your property that you want to. Unlike during the day, at night you have all the control.
- Less is more: Do not overdo your landscaping. Simplicity is the key. Overcrowded yards look tacky.
- Check local regulations: The last thing you want to do is build a fence that does not comply with local building regulations/codes.
So put a lot of thought and effort into your landscape. It can make all the difference.
If you have any questions about your next landscaping project or if you want a professional opinion or estimate, contact Rhine Landscaping by calling 410-442-2445 or click here today!
Tags: and box, Backyard, do-it-yourself, entertainment area, Garden, jungle gym, Landscape, landscape tips, landscaper, Landscaping, landscaping project, Landscaping Tips, Lighting, local building codes, local building regulations, Overcrowded yards, qualified landscaper, recurring themes, rhine landscaping