Do you have a small yard, or perhaps an area that you would like to utilize for plants or flowers, or maybe even large enough as a small seating area? Here are some tips that will help you!
- Create “Zones”: If your landscaping area is large enough to segment into different areas, consider making zones. In short, breaking up the area whereby one portion consists of perhaps a couple potted plants and another consists of a couple of outdoor chairs. Tie it together with a pop of color and your area will inherently appear larger than it actually is, yet maintain its complete functionality!
- Make The Area Warm, Inviting, and Cozy: From a short-height fencing and lounge chair with weatherproof pillows, to an awning and storage sofa, get creative! These affordable items allow you to comfortably enjoy the outdoor weather, and look great!
- Keep it Contained: Container gardening is a great way to create interest by having varied levels, and to bring greenery to the hardscaped areas of your garden.
- Diversify: Rather than limiting your options with regards to plants by keeping only one or two of the same variety, differ your choices, bringing interesting texture and heights to your landscape.
- Wall Climber: Use the walls of your courtyard or fence around your yard to gain additional space for greenery: creeping vines and hanging baskets or containers maximize your space.
- Point of View and Illusion: Long, vertical lines, will create a point of view and when extended outward, can create an illusion of appearing bigger than it really is. Accentuate this with a small walkway or path and plants.
Don’t let a little land limit you to little ideas: think big, and follow these tips to ensure you develop an attractive, well thought out landscape.
If you have any additional questions about Landscape Design or Designing for Small Spaces contact Rhine Landscaping by calling 410-442-2445
Rhine Landscaping in Baltimore, Maryland can handle every aspect of your landscape, from hardscapes and patios / walkways, to retaining walls, water features such as fountains, fireplaces / firepits, swimming pools, landscape design, landscape installation, outdoor kitchens, decks, pavilions, basement waterproofing, drainage and more.
We can help you transform your landscape.